Here is the Powerpoint from the Reading and Writing evening (apologies if you missed it - we're still adjusting to being back to 'normal') Also, below it, I have attached a video to show you Bug Club.
Some key points:
- This is a brief over-view of expectations for reading and writing. There are some suggestions for ways that you can support your child at home: it isn't an exhaustive list and it is not a list of things that you must do.
- The writing examples and expectations shown are for the end of the year so please don't expect your child to be achieving this yet.
- Ruby Class children will begin getting books next week. Many of these don't have words and are to encourage talking about books.
- Feel free to share stories with words with your child: fairy tales are a good choice, as they are used a lot in school and often have repeating patterns that the children can remember.
- Any acitivities that you do with your child should be short (5 minutes - 10 minutes at the most) though, of course, if they want to continue that's great!
Reading and/or listening to books should be something to enjoy. If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.
Thanks for all your support. We look forward to seeing you back in the school over the next year!