Week 1's tasks to complete for week commencing 23rd March 2020
- Challenges set on Sumdog.
- Times tables challenges set on Sumdog.
- Reading - then completing the book reviews.
- Creating and analysing newspaper articles on: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory winning the last Golden Ticket, Charlie winning the chocolate factory, one of the other characters winning a golden ticket and one of the other characters being interviewed about the outcomes.
- Revising State of Matter by watching the attached link, then completing the State of Matter quiz.
- Starting our class History project for Kings and Queens Week on Elizabeth I.
- Completing three attitudes and gratitudes.
Feel free to select any other challenges listed below that I have uploaded onto Google Classroom
- Hit the Button times tables game.
- Creating a piece of artwork and linking it to a character from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Creating a fitness routine for everyone.
- Logging into the Body Coach on YouTube for daily live PE workout sessions at 9am.
- Creating a washing your hands song/poem.
Week 2's tasks to complete for week commencing 30th March 2020
- Get a piece of paper and show everything you know about multiplication and division. This could be pictures, diagrams, explanations, methods etc. They can be as creative as you want them to be.
- Complete the Sumdog weekly challenges.
- Complete the times table challenge on Sumdog.
- Play on Hit the Button - focus on times tables, division facts and squared numbers.
- Try these daily arithmetic for different areas of maths.
Writing Tasks-available on Google Classroom
- Create diary entries, (similar to what Anne Frank did) summarising the events from your day.
- Think about an NHS worker who is a hero/heroine to us. Then create a prayer for them.
- Play scripts: Recap on the features. Explain why the example is not a play script. Then using what you have learnt, create a play script with an alternative ending to our class novel.
- Read a chapter from your reading book or listen to an audio book from the David Walliams website https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
- Following this, summarise the events from the chapter/book. You could bullet point what happened, create a comic strip or present the information in your own creative way.
- Note down any unfamiliar words from the chapter/book you have read. Explore the meanings of these words by using a dictionary.
Project Tasks-available on Google Classroom
The projects this week aim to provide opportunities for you to gain a better understanding of a past Monarch, Queen Elizabeth I, to investigate State of Matter in your home environment and to research an appealing European country.
- Investigating a Monarch - Looking into Queen Elizabeth I to analyse whether or not she was a good monarch or not? Did she have the countries best interests at heart? Did she succeed or fail England? Did she take advantage of her role at all?
- Identifying materials in the home - Take a good look around the home to see if you can find any State of Matter to present on a slide show or on a video clip for teaching others.
- Locating a country - Identify another European that you would love to visit. Explain why by stating what physical and human characteristics it has to offer that makes it stand out from any other European country.
Other Useful Websites
Classroom Secrets Learning Packs - These packs are split into different year groups and include activities linked to reading, writing, maths and practical ideas you can do around the home.
Spelling frame- Practice spellings using this website
Twinkl - to access these resources click on the link and sign up using your own email address and creating your own password. Use the offer code UKTWINKLHELPS.
Other Timetabled links for daily activities
9.00am - PE with Joe Wicks https://youtu.be/6v-a_dpwhro
10.00am - Maths with Carol Vorderman www.themathsfactor.com
11.00am - English with David Walliams https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
12.00pm - Lunch (cooking with Jamie Oliver) https://www.jamieoliver.com/features/category/get-kids-cooking/
1.00pm - Music with Myleene Klass https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQh2wgJ5tOrixYBn6jFXsXQ
1.30pm - Dance with Darcey Bussel https://twitter.com/diversedancemix/status/1241098264373592065
2.00pm - History with Dan Snow (free for 30-days) https://tv.historyhit.com/signup/package
4.00pm - Home Economics with Theo Michaels (Mon/Wed/Fri) https://www.instagram.com/theocooks